Never Say Diabetic Chicken Pizza
• 1ea “Flat Outs” Whole Grain Bread Wrap
• 4oz grilled chicken
(usually a single frozen breast will do)
• 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 1 cup skim milk shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/8 cup Boboli pizza sauce
(or whatever you fav is)
• Pre-heat oven to 450º.
• Grill the chicken on your kitchen grill. I use a Foreman… so fast and yummy.
• Slice, pull, cube, etc the chicken breast. 4oz doesn’t sound like a lot but trust me it fills the bread and you will be stuffed. Since I’m now diabetic and need to drop weight I have to measure everything for now.
• Lay out the bread on stoneware or baking sheet.
• Spread sauce evenly over bread.
• Sprinkle cheddar evenly over sauce.
• Add chicken evenly over bread.
• Toss on the mozzarella evenly over the chicken.
• Bake for 10 minutes.
• Chow the heck down.
Fat: 38g (Sat fat 21g)
Calories: 758 (approx)
Now I now it has some sugar but honestly you can get rid of all but like 1g from the bread by switching the sauce to a 100% sugar free (good luck finding it) brand. I have to watch tomatoes due to reflux so I had to take the 2g of sugar from the sauce.
All in all I don’t think I did too bad for my first meal out of the chute. Depending on my blood panel I’ll tweak it as necessary. It looks yummy though, yes?